The convent Marienthal is recommended especially when good weather. The entire evening can run in the beautifully landscaped cloister-garden. The buffet will be set up under the arcades. The former wine press hall and the wine cellar invite you in bad weather to linger. Additionaly the shady Klosterruine available.
History of Location
The lying in the district Dernau Marienthal monastery was founded in 1136, sacked in 1632 by the Swedish army, and burned down in 1646 by the troops of Turenne. In 1699 the monastery was again completely rebuilt. 1802, the monastery was closed by Napoleon in the context of secularization. In the last century it was part of a state Weinbaudomäne. This state vineyard was taken over in 2004 by private local winegrowers and continued or expanded.
Possible course: (times flexible)
• 19.00: Bus transfer to Marienthal
• 19:10: Arrive in Marienthal, welcomed with a sparkling wine in the monastery garden or the ruins
• 19:45: Dinner as part of a barbeque buffets
• open end - transfer back to hotel
• Lease of Location Kloster Marienthal
• transfer services from / to Hotel
• Welcome with a sparkling wine
• All drinks during the evening (draft beer, various Ahr specialties, soft drinks, juices, coffee unlimited)
• Barbeque Buffet
• Service personnel
Cost per person with about 150 participants € 79, - plus VAT..
Organizer: PG Ahrtours